We are currently seeking a Architect I to join our Aerospace and Defense Practice in Norfolk, VA.
RS&H: Pursue Greatness from RS&H on Vimeo .
This opportunity is for an architect to work with our design teams on federal & military projects. RS&H is fortunate to have a wealth of project opportunities through our multiple long-term consulting contracts for Federal clients including GSA, military, and NASA. Our projects range from planning to small renovations to large multi-building projects and include both national and international projects in locations such as Japan, Europe, and the Middle East. This position is intended to be a career-building opportunity as the successful candidate will be asked to grow their architectural skills as part of a multi-discipline team. Successful candidates would also have career growth opportunities in Project Management, Client management and business development. RS&H offers specific training in Project Management and Client Management as well as general career growth training and mentorship. While federal and military experience is a plus, we are focused on your architectural skills and teamwork approach in the delivery of challenging projects for a range of needs.
- Architectural design for a diverse list of projects
- Focus on teamwork and collaboration with local and national staff
- Coordinate multidiscipline work with design teams
- Utilize and encourage best uses of design technologies for presentation and production purposes
- Collaborate with staff managers and project managers with respect to budget and staffing projections
- Support our marketing team and help with large project pursuits through relationship development and pursuit & acquisition planning
- Bachelor's or Master's of Architecture degree from an accredited university
- 4+ years or more in design experience
- Demonstrated collaboration with multi-discipline design teams
- Excellent communications and interpersonal relationship skills
- Registered Architect in good standing, NCARB certification is a plus or the ability to obtain architectural registration in multiple states is desired
- Strong architectural design and construction document development capabilities
- Demonstrated Revit BIM production capability and experience
- Ability and willingness to travel in the US and internationally
- Military project design experience
- Project management experience
- BIM skills
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Visualization and graphics capabilities (Photoshop or others)
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
We take pride in having partnered with the Department of Defense for more than 70 years on facilities and infrastructure projects designed to protect, train, and service military personnel and their families. From hangars and airfields to training and command facilities, you could be a part of a team that is changing the landscape of national security. Whatever military projects arise, we're ready to support our uniformed men and women that protect and serve our nation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.