The Apprentice Optician creates exceptional value in the lives of patients by delivering exceptional service.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Patient Experience by performing the following Sales and Service Process steps:
o Greeting the Patient
o Explaining the Process in a transparent way
o Merchandise Selection
o Solve visual problems or challenges for customers
* Assists the patient in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their vision, lifestyle and budgetary needs. Suggests improvements and recommends solutions to problems. Assists other employees with difficult and complex areas of customer product needs and prescriptions.
* Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for recurring customer problems; goes beyond symptoms to get at causes; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems.
* Shows patience and courtesy with patients; tracks down answers to unfamiliar questions or products.
* Ensures finished eyewear optical standards and customer requirements/requests.
* Takes personal ownership to achieve personal and practice results.
* Serves as a role model for development and a technical resource for all.
* Operates the Point of Sale terminal inputting customer and prescription information with accuracy and attention to detail.
* Accurately operates the Point of Sale, when required, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper change for a variety of transactions.