NURSING IS HARD WORK. BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE!
At BioLife, nursing can be a challenging, yet fulfilling career. Nursing careers at BioLife are different from many other nursing careers. You get to know our donors while working in a modern, fast-paced, yet laid-back environment. You'll work alongside friendly teammates who share your dedication to saving lives, and be a part of a supportive, fun culture. You can build a lasting career with us and there are opportunities to advance!
Nursing doesn't have to be hard work-at BioLife, it can be a career you love.
We are currently looking for an Apheresis Nurse RN!
What We Offer:
- A Culture that treats you like Family!
- NO Overnight Shifts!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- Sign on Bonus!
- Benefits That Start Day One!
- Advancement Opportunities!
- A Chance to Save Lives Without Risking Your Own!
- Performs autologous and allogeneic (related and unrelated) cellular therapy product collections, which may include Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells (HPC) and Mononuclear Cell (MNC) product collections, in compliance with applicable BioLife SOPs, manufacturer operator manuals, customer manuals, cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices), cGTP (current Good Tissue Practice), and all applicable stand-ards per accreditation agencies
- Performs granulocyte product collections according to SOPs, manufacturer Operator Manuals, cGMP, cGTP, and all applicable standards per accreditation agencies
- Performs apheresis procedures and cellular therapy activities related to research studies, as applicable
- Performs mobilizing agent injections for HPC donors, when needed
- Performs patient/donor central venous catheter access and care as directed
- Appropriately documents all patient/donor related activities in patient/donor record, which may include electronic patient/donor records
- Monitors allogeneic and autologous donor during and after an adverse event
- Supports adverse event investigations
- Prepares data and presents summaries of donor and recipient adverse events for review
- Performs root cause analysis and investigation of events identified in the quality incident system
- Collaborates with BioLife Cellular Therapy Services Quality Manager regarding incident recognition, pro-tocol deviations, documentation, follow-up, and other quality assurance issues
- Assists with departmental projects, which may include research, data collection, and quality projects, as assigned
- Ensure compliance training and mentorship of new cellular therapy staff during training period
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Ability to apply the basic concepts of nursing, such as pathophysiology, hemo-dynamics, fluid and electrolyte
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification required
- Fulfillment of state requirements (in state of licensure) for basic IV therapy
- Placement of large bore peripheral needles (17g/18g)
- Central venous catheter access and care
- Effective communication skills and customer service orientation
- Basic computer skills
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business
- Effective coaching and counseling skills
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Routinely makes decisions determining donor suitability for apheresis procedure
- Seeks guidance from the Cellular Therapy Services MD for medium to high impact decisions and urgent
- matters, and center management (including Quality), as applicable
- Regularly advises and consults with donors/customers (External)
- Coordinates with center management team and Quality to ensure successful operation standards are met (Internal)
- Interaction (The span and nature of one's engagement with others when performing one's job, internal and external relationships)
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Effective coaching and counseling skills
- Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Coordinates with all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and patients/donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen)
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assists other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment
- Occasional travel to assigned locations is required, sometimes requiring overnight stay
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- • Associate degree, RN Diploma, or Bachelor's in Nursing (preferred)
- • Valid Registered Nursing license
- • Nursing license to be obtained in all states within assigned region within 60 days of employment
- • BLS Certification
- • Two year's clinical nursing experience
- • Certification in Qualification in Apheresis (QIA)
- • American Society for Apheresis (ASFA) membership
- • Three years full time apheresis experience or five years part-time apheresis experience
- • Familiar with applicable federal, state, and local regulations regarding apheresis procedures
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
USA - TX - Houston - Richmond Ave Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type