NYU Grossman School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU Grossman School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health , the Grossman School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to , and interact with us on LinkedIn , Glassdoor , Indeed , Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Ambulatory Care Nurse **Center for Men's Health (Manhattan, NY) - Full-Time**.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for carrying out patient care responsibilities with emphasis on decision-making related to the steps in the nursing process to include assessment, diagnosis, identification of expected outcomes, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides competent, safe and compassionate care based on established NYUHC Patient Care and Nursing Standards. As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, formulates the initial plan of care with the provider (physicians or nurse practitioner) and collaborates with them to implement a comprehensive patient centered plan of care to achieve expected outcomes.
- Participates in center-based quality and performance improvement program consistent with service and departmental programs.
- Considers needs and behaviors of specific patient age and cultural groups in all patient care activities.
- Educates the patient and family to facilitate and promote healthy adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Evaluates the patients progress toward attainment of expected outcomes.
- Implements interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Participates in designated activities related to standards and regulations of relevant outside agencies.
- Provides emergency care in accordance with the Centers policy.
- Participates in quality improvement programs and activities that promote patient, family/caregiver, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Utilizes resources to meet individual learning needs and promote professional development in clinical practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the NYUMC Service Standards and incorporates into the performance of responsibilities.
- Identifies expected outcomes and anticipates unexpected or adverse outcomes as individualized to the patient.
- Participates in clinical inquiry and activities to foster an evidence-based practice.
- Serves as a support and resource for nursing staff and students.
- Collaborates with the members of the interdisciplinary team and promotes collegial relationships.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnoses.
- Maintains an awareness of current evidence-based practices and uses research data applicable to patient care.
- Engages in self-assessment and participates in activities to promote own professional growth and development.
- Participates in coordination of unit activities to provide patient care in a healing, humane and caring environment.
- Collects patient healthcare data systematically and, on an on-going basis, using appropriate assessment techniques and instruments.
- Supports the missions, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, Departments of Nursing, and service line.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and competence to fulfill responsibilities.
To qualify you must have a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is highly preferred; a Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing requires a minimum of one year experience in conjunction with plans to earn a baccalaureate degree required. Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York licensure is required. BCLS is also required. Emergency room or critical care nursing experience and membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred. Membership in pertinent professional organization preferred. Fluent written and spoken English language skills necessary. Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities needed also required.
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS
ACLS certification. Spoken mastery of a second language strongly preferred.
Experience with vaccines, triage, IV placement, infusions, and dermatology experience preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit .htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .