Location: Cary, NC (hybrid)
Role Value Proposition:
As a member of Global Agile Enablement (CoE) team, you will help accelerate the next phase of MetLife's Agile Transformation! Our team provides a leadership role in the Enterprise evolution to Agility. We strive to make Agile easy. We set out to do this by: targeting Agile transformation to the right work, preparing our talent through progressive just in time training for practitioners and coaches and lastly, measuring, accelerating, and amplifying maturity.
This role will provide thought leadership and on occasion, embed with ARTs and Teams on their journey to implementing or maturing in Agile and SAFe.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to inform and author global scalable solutions to implementing and sustaining Agile ways of working.
- Serve as "Player Coach" when needed. Acting as a Scrum Lead, Release Train Engineer, Coach while pairing and upskilling the identified role.
- Preparing, planning, training, launching and coaching Agile Release Trains (ARTs) of up to 150 contributors
- Coach and inform peers, partners and stakeholders within the organization on the opportunities and benefits of applying Agile/DevOps principles across the entire organization
- Acts as a change agent to adopt Lean-Agile practices and tooling inside through coaching, facilitating and mentoring
- Deliver SAFe training and workshops for Teams and ARTs
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated ability working within complex and ambiguous environments with ability to influence change at scale
- SAFe Certifications or related framework
- Minimum 3 years working in a scaled environment using a scaled framework
- 6+ years of iterative or Agile-like development experience
- Excellent presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Excellent facilitation, communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills
- Experience working in a scaled agile framework is a plus.
- Knowledge of specific technology/software development and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Experience with Agile tools (TargetProcess and Azure preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of Agile techniques including Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 127196