For over 15 years, SMS/TRIGO has remained the industry leader with a boots on the ground approach to drive systematic changes that improve quality while sustaining on-time delivery performance. Working as an extension of its customers, SMS/TRIGO's unique, Fully Integrated Service Solution offers Supplier Management, Supplier Development, and Quality Management Services throughout the Commercial & Defense Aerospace Industries. Currently, SMS/TRIGO is providing support to the largest Primes, Tier-1s, and Tier 2s while expanding its service portfolio to include quality management services since the acquisition by TRIGO GROUP, INC. in January 2019.
Under general supervision and reporting Quality Management in Quality Operations, The Quality Inspector is responsible for performing visual inspection operations including In-process, Final Inspection, and FAI's as appropriate. The Quality Inspector must be familiar with hand tools and inspection under magnification. The Quality Inspector will also assist in verification of test data and all other applicable data concerning components, and associated documentation and other duties identified by cognizant management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspects a variety of electronic units/boards using measuring/inspection instruments (e.g., micrometers, gages, and calipers) with proper inspection techniques, including visual, visual under magnification, component placement
- Reads, interprets, and utilizes Quality policies, procedures, blueprints, and other documentation
- Process warehouse materials
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines/procedures to perform the functions of the job
- Support positive corrective actions and identification of root cause
- Responsible for First Article Inspections and completes related documentation
- Complete and ensure inspection documents are kept current to include FAI inspections per AS9102
- Perform and complete internal containment activity of identified non-conformances
- Act as a source Inspector and other duties as required.
- Experienced quality individual in visual inspection of PCB boards, sub-assemblies and assemblies of aerospace machined components
- Experience in performing FAI's - AS9102
- Experience with visual magnification techniques
- IPC-610 experience
- MS Outlook, and EXCEL experience
- Experience with hand measurement gages, conduct conventional inspection to engineering requirements
- In-process and final inspection experience within defense industry preferred
- IPC, J-STD, and Mil-Spec inspection experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to foster productive working relationships
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and self-motivated
- Knowledge of ERP a plus
- Ability to handle complex situations and solve complex problems
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to press and analyze technical and business information
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong communication skills (verbal and written), ability to interact via telephone, email with co-workers
- Ability to remain seated for up to 5 hours at a time
Required Education (including certifications):
- HS diploma with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 4 years of relevant experience required
- 3+ years' experience as a quality inspector
- 3+ years' experience in an aerospace manufacturing facility
- 3+ years' experience in inspection duties, and FAI's
- Prior practical experience and implementation of Quality inspection tools and equipment. Experience in RCCA, and problem solving
- IPC-610 certified, or required experience, plus J-STD, and Mil-Spec inspection experience preferred
- The General Vision Acuity Test shall be performed by an Oculist, Optometrist, or other professionally recognized person. The following requirements shall apply.
- Near Vision - Eyes meets Orthorater 8 (95% or Jaeger #2 at 12 inches)
- Far vision - Eyes meets Orthorater 4 (76%) or Snellen Chart 20/50
- Color Perception - 6 of 9 Orthorater plates US or International citizenship or permanent residence status required depending on work location.
U.S citizen or permanent resident required
- Valid Driver's License
- Valid Auto Insurance
SMS, a TRIGO company
Supplier Management Solutions, LLC SMS/TRIGO is the leader in the Commercial and Defense Aerospace Industry providing global supplier management, development, and quality services through boots on the ground on-site management to drive systemic changes that improve quality and sustain on-time delivery and overall supplier performance.
With SMS' Headquarters located in Southern CA, SMS/TRIGO Executives, Management and teams come with over forty (40) years of industry experience. Together, SMS/TRIGO understand the current dynamics and urgent need for a more efficient and cost-effective supply chain management solution. SMS/TRIGO management team and field resources, Delivery Assurance Specialists (DAS'), Supplier Development Specialists (SDS'), Quality Assurance Specialists (QAS') and Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE's), perform their role working as an extension of their customers, with a domestic presence in over 40 states and 24+ countries internationally. SMS/TRIGO's business model provides a customized, fully integrated service solution along the customer's value stream which results in quality parts arriving on-time, every time.
As of January 2019, TRIGO Group, with a headquarters in Paris-France, acquired Supplier Management Solutions. This transaction was a major step in TRIGO's development strategy into the value-added global Aerospace supply chain and quality management services market, while expanded TRIGO's U.S. footprint by leveraging SMS' relationships and domestic presence. It has strengthened SMS' position as a quality partner in the aerospace supply chain by providing global coverage in addition to an extended service offering into quality inspection and conformity management. The integration of the two companies has provided our current and future customers with a unique combined full-service solution for both On-Time-Delivery and On-Quality-Delivery performance for the Aerospace supply chain.
Supplier Management Solutions, LLC (SMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS
It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.