SJCE centers equity in its drive to provide clean, renewable energy at competitive rates and provide local benefits. Since inception, SJCE has sprinted ahead to now provide 60% renewable and 95% carbon-free energy in our base product and has invested $1 billion to add nearly 550 MW of new solar, wind and battery storage to the grid. SJCE s low carbon energy supply is foundational as we work to meet the electrification goals outlined in Climate Smart San José. For more information about San José Clean Energy, please visit: .
Please note that applications are currently not accepted through CalOpps or any other third-party job board application system. To apply, applicants must complete an application via the City of San Jose s website at .
The Community Energy Department is seeking to fill one (1) Accountant I/II position in the in the Budget, Financial Planning and Human Resources Division. The Accountant I/II will play a critical role in supervising crucial high level Departmental Accounts Payable (AP) & Accounts Receivable (AR) transactions, while reconciling the Department s financial activities, assisting with monthly closes, preparing quarterly Financial Statements and reporting on the financial status of the Department. This position will report to the Senior Accountant in the Budget and Financial Planning Division. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Approve AP & Purchasing transaction entries at highest dollar level
- Maintain critical contract payment tracking data
- Manage Department cash flow and reconcile monthly cash transactions to GL accounts
- Prepare regular month end journal entries
- Prepare quarterly financial statements
- Prepare reconciliation data and graphs to track, analyze and report on month-to-month entity performance
- Reconcile actuals to estimates & track weekly complex CAISO invoices and settlement
- Oversee AR billing & collection process for SJCE invoicing to other utilities
- Coordinate with internal Divisions and City stakeholders on data and reporting
- Assist with annual year end audit, grant audits, and other ad-hoc audits as needed
- Special reporting and journal entries as needed
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment
Per the City s COVID19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy , the City requires all employees starting on or after February 11, 2022, to provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment absent a documented medical and/or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination means that employees are required to be "up-to-date" with regards to the COVID-19 vaccine. Consistent with the Santa Clara County Public Health Order issued on December 28, 2021, "up-to-date" means that an employee is not only "fully vaccinated," but has also obtained any booster doses of a COVID-19 vaccination for which they are eligible, within 15 days of first becoming eligible. Competencies:
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
- Job Expertise - Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices, Citywide and departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations.
- Communication Skills - Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts clearly, orally and in writing; demonstrates effective use of listening skills; displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- Computer Skills - Experienced with financial management system and common business computer applications including but not limited to: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Excel.
- Teamwork & Interpersonal Skills - Develops effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions.
- Flexibility - Makes effective decisions and achieves desired results in the midst of major changes in responsibilities, work processes, timeframes, performance expectations, organizational culture, or work environment.
- Problem Solving - Approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determines the significance of problem(s); collects information; uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
- Reliability - Completes quality work assignments in a timely and efficient manner; fulfills responsibilities and maintains confidentiality as appropriate.