Job Title: 1st Line IT Support
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: Up to £21,000 + Bonus
Job Type: Full time
About the role;As 1st Line IT Support you will be the first point of contact for TSG customers in relation to technical faults and requests. You will be expected to log, categorise, and prioritise customer tickets as necessary, seeing them through to resolution wherever possible. Where you are unable to resolve a ticket yourself, you will escalate this to the relevant team. You will be a strong team player who enjoys delivering an exceptional service to our customers. You will also have strong communication skills and good attention to detail, ensuring that all information entered into the system is accurate and handled in line with company procedures.
This is a hybrid role, so you will be expected to attend the office a few times per week for regular team collaboration time.
Who are we?
TSG (Technology Services Group) are a Managed IT Services provider servicing businesses UK Wide. At TSG our people have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, something which is proven in our consistent world class NPS score of . Our values are based around Quality, Ownership and Passion and these sit at the core of our business, helping us to achieve our mission.
Why should I work for TSG?
It is our people that make TSG what it is and a great place to work. We put a lot of work in to creating a trusted, open, fair culture and as a result, we have been named as one of the 'UKs Top 100 Best Large Companies' and one of the 'Top 50 Technology Companies' to work for. In addition, we have been awarded a 2 star accreditation for 'Outstanding' employee engagement.
- Our open and honest culture where feedback is taken on-board and acted upon
- The monthly wellbeing check-ins we complete with all staff and the support provided off the back of those where needed
- Our social events. In addition to regular virtual quizzes and other ad hoc team building events, we launched the very first 'TSG Festival' in 2021, Team TSG's feedback was so positive that we have another amazing all staff festival arranged for 2022
- Two paid CSR days per annum that you can use towards giving something back
- Our charity fundraising - TSG have raised over £20,000 in the last 2 years for our current chosen charity Mental Health UK. We have also recently launched our very own 'TSG Foundation'
- Our responsibility as a business to the environment as we are working towards becoming a net carbon zero business
- Flexible working policy
- Relaxed dress policy
- Excellent progression opportunities, training and support, including recognised qualifications
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Log, categorise and prioritise customer tickets in line with documented required standards
- Conduct initial diagnosis of faults and attempt documented fixes appropriate to the role
- Where fixes are not available, escalate tickets to appropriate resolver group
- Ensure accurate input of data for customer contact information
- Update customers on cases as advised by other support teams
- Ensure all calls are answered according to the Service Level Agreements
- Manage resolved queues to ensure calls are closed as appropriate
- Manage 3rd party queues to ensure customers receive regular updates on tickets being dealt with by our providers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commercial awareness
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritise
- Good problem solving skills
- IT qualifications would be an advantage
- Proven experience in a support or service delivery environment is an advantage
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactively seeks opportunities to improve the Service Desk Agent function
- Demonstrate commitment to the role, team and company and will go the extra mile when required
- Demonstrate initiative and reacts positively to new challenges and change
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- Life assurance 4 x Salary
- Contributory pension scheme at 4% matched
- Perkbox discounts
- Paid CSR Days
- Company sick pay
- Income protection cover
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Home-based and hybrid opportunities
- Long service benefits including increased annual leave accrued with service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee recognition scheme
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today to be considered.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Hosted Technical Support Engineer may also be considered for this role.