Apply for this job now
*$10K sign on bonus* Clinical Supervisor Registered Nurse (RN), Burn Center
- San Jose, California
- Job Type
- 8 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Overview: *All positions are located in Fresno/Clovis CA*
Up to $10k sign-on bonus available for candidates meeting specialty experience requirements
Community Medical Centers has been providing central California with the highest level of care available in the region. Community Regional Medical Center measures up with top hospitals nationally and is the 3rd largest in California! With 685 beds, we are home to the only comprehensive Burn and Level I Trauma center between Los Angeles and Sacramento. The 56,000 square-foot emergency department is one of the largest and busiest in California! We have an 84-bed Level III NICU and plan to significantly expand pediatric specialty care. Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients. We're affiliated with UCSF as a teaching facility; trained 3,000 Medical Doctor's to date plus continuous invests in research and training grants. Responsibilities: The role of the Clinical Sup Nursing is to assist the Unit Manager in the planning, organizing and directing of patient care services. This position supervises the team(s) providing direct care for patients. Management and leadership skills needed include conflict management, negotiation, team building, communication, budget administration and coaching/mentoring others. Directs patient assignments, staff scheduling, patient flow, and assists in meeting financial targets by effectively assisting in managing utilization, productivity, personnel and supplies. Participates, as necessary, in team meetings and represents clinical staff on appropriate committees.
1. Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of unit/department goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and standards of care which contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives.
2. Assists the unit manager in implementing and evaluating Performance improvement/risk management/safety programs, keeps unit survey ready and up-to-date on regulatory standards.
3. Ensures continuity of quality patient care by planning staff assignments, through evaluation of census, patient satisfaction, cost effectiveness, and compliance with fiscal budget. Reports any variances to the unit manager.
4. Acts as a liaison for Staff/Patients/Families/Physicians. Addresses any staffing and patient flow/work issues including; appropriate bed placement, evaluating outcomes, providing feedback, and developing improvement strategies.
5. Evaluates staff development needs and provide ongoing educational opportunities for professional development. Acts as a mentor/point of contact for staff members. Stays current with the latest clinical/technological advances and share knowledge with staff as appropriate.
6. Assists the unit manager with administrative and HR duties such as monitoring time and attendance, participating in interviews and hiring process, assisting with performance appraisal process, attending/leading meetings, and completing/following up on occurrence and injury reports.
7. Provides coverage as a staff RN, including "at all times" break coverage as needed.
8. Works collaboratively with case managers to ensure they have access to information needed to develop and deliver a case management plan.
9. Ensures compliance with Patient Ratio and Patient Classification regulations by providing accurate information to Staffing Office for ONE-Staff Scheduling System including acuity sheet completion and completion of variance reports as necessary.
10. Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications: Education
High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) or Completion of a CHS Approved Individualized Education Plan (IEP) Certificate required
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
2 years staff RN experience in area of specialty providing a full spectrum of care in a variety of situations required
May substitute 2 years supervisory experience in lieu of 2 years staff RN experience
Experience coordinating clinical care and providing mentorship, education, and training to staff nurses. Experience as a Nurse Supervisor or a similar position in an acute care hospital preferred
Licenses and Certifications
RN - Current State of California Registered Nurse license required
BLS - Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by American Heart Association (AHA) required
Certifications as required for the unit required
NATIONAL - National Certification related to specialty and applicable to role preferred
Contact the Recruiter Brandon McClure today at bmcclure@ or 559-207-6668.
- Job Reference: 707373847-2
- Date Posted: 8 September 2022
- Recruiter: Community Health System - CA
- Location: San Jose, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent